Find the answer to your Linux question:
Can someone please explain this after following directions from another Linux user and installingUbuntu it wouldn't load after I reboot it keeps coming up critical temperature reached (255 C) Shutting ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Critical Tempurature

Can someone please explain this after following directions from another Linux user and installingUbuntu it wouldn't load after I reboot it keeps coming up critical temperature reached (255 C) Shutting Down. He has never heard of this and has no ideas can anyone else help?

oz
    forum.guy
    Can you boot into "safe" mode?

Is this after the machine has been running for a while that you can't boot, or does it do this even after the machine has been off for a while?

Maybe you can boot into your system with a live-cd and look around for the problem and try to correct it.

Could you post the specifications of your computer hardware as well?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    this problem occurs everytime regardless if the machine has been on for hours or if it's been switched off all night. Even tried booting into safe mode and can't do that either. Don't have any live CD's to boot with the only Live discs I have are from magazine coverdiscs and are DVD's so that option is out at the moment. Machine specs are (please tell me if something doesn't look right here not to great with this tech stuff) Intel Celeron 465 Mhz 128 MB Ram.

Linux Enthusiast
    well, do you know if any fans have stopped? i guess that seems possible (critical temp)

or do you think it might be a software problem (all fans spin and seem to be running well)?

Just Joined!
    fans spinning fine even touched the heatsink and it was cold to the touch so I don't know where this temperature problem is coming from

oz
    forum.guy
    You can probably use your Ubuntu CD to boot into the system to take a look around. Not sure exactly what steps are needed to do that with Ubuntu, though. Try booting with it to see if there is a rescue option, or some other way indicated by any on-screen text.