Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Experts, I have installed latest version of linux fedora os. Anybody suggest me what i should do to run PHP in this linux os. Where to save my php ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Php & Linux

Hello Experts,

I have installed latest version of linux fedora os. Anybody suggest me what i should do to run PHP in this linux os. Where to save my php file to run the same. I have installed apache also. The person who installed "linux fedora" said there is no need of installing php 5 or 6 software separately by default this os supports php. It seems it has got inbuilt php. Do u have any idea about this. Help needed pls.

Balen

to be able to use php in apache (that's what im assuming you're trying to do) you need to install it
    whether you install it from the disc, package, or source is up to you
    i would suggest running system-config-packages and installing it from there

and you can put your php script anywhere under apache's root directory

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by balan
    Hello Experts,
    The person who installed "linux fedora" said there is no need of installing php 5 or 6 software separately by default this os supports php. It seems it has got inbuilt php. Do u have any idea about this.
    Balen
    In terminal, type:
    Code:
    php -v
    to see which version is installed.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Hi,
    i have installed linux fedora 3 and it has got built in apache. where to paste my php files and how to run the file. php - v just gives the version.
    my question is how to run php files in linux fedora 3. do i need to give any specific commands and under which folder i need to paste my php file.

Thank You
    Balen

Just Joined!
    you need to start apache or apache2 with service httpd start (replace httpd with apache or apache2 if it doesn't work) and copy your php files to /var/www (it might be a different folder so you should read the apache config file).