Find the answer to your Linux question:
HI all,this is my 1st time here,hope u'll help me The problem is next,i have amd barton 3000+ ati radeon 9800 pro 128mb 768ddr ram and 40gb hdd 7200rpm The ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Smile Xp/mandrake dualboot

HI all,this is my 1st time here,hope u'll help me
    The problem is next,i have
    amd barton 3000+
    ati radeon 9800 pro 128mb
    768ddr ram
    and 40gb hdd 7200rpm

The problem i have is that i have xp installed on it,now i want to make some space to try linux out,while i'm writing this i'm downloading mandrakes last cd.Do i need to burn it to cd's or can i start the install from hdd.The other question is how to make the partition for linux.And when i install linux how do i boot it?I still want to have my xp as primarmy OS.As you see i'm a newbie ,so any help is welcome

Thanks

it would be easier to burn it to cd & install from there. when mandrake starts to install it will give an option to shrink the xp partition, just accept the sizes & continue to install (or you could make yor own sizes) before doing that, i recommend you defrag xp a few times as it stores files all over the hard drive & may cause problems when it comes to partitioning.
    SLOMO: acer extensa 5235 2.2ghz,2gb ram 160gb hdd wireless
    SPEEDY: homebrew desktop,Amd x2 dualcore,2gb ram,500gb +1tb( 2x500gb) hdd suse 11.3,32mb fibreline
    registered linux user #401845

Just Joined!

ok thx

ok thx mate u helped me alot

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Setup Linux with multiple monitor

Hi all, I hope all of you help me to solve my problem.
    Would you please tell me the way to setup Linux with multiple monitor on multiple video cards.
    Thanks!
    My email: lgson@agu.edu.vn

depends on your distro,graphics cards, experience,what you have tried,could you post these details please,might be able to help with the additional info

andy
    SLOMO: acer extensa 5235 2.2ghz,2gb ram 160gb hdd wireless
    SPEEDY: homebrew desktop,Amd x2 dualcore,2gb ram,500gb +1tb( 2x500gb) hdd suse 11.3,32mb fibreline
    registered linux user #401845