Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well i had installed Linux 7.3 and then installed Windows 2000 Server. Now i can't find the bootloader it starts of directly in Windows. Can anyone help me with this...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Grub Problems

Well i had installed Linux 7.3 and then installed Windows 2000 Server. Now i can't find the bootloader it starts of directly in Windows. Can anyone help me with this

Linux User

startup disk

you need a startup disk to get yourself into linux. then you need to move the grub bootloader stuff into the master boot record.

I think I've seen this kind of question before search this forum for more info. But you will need a startup disk. You can probably make one off the install CD if you haven't got one.

You should always install windows before linux. Or what I have done in the past is removed my master drive installed windows then reconnected the drives as normal and told grub where to find windows.
    No trees were harmed during the creation of this message. Its made from a blend of elephant tusk and dolphin meat.

Linux Engineer
    Use a startdisk or a bootable linux cd..startup in single or recovery mode and rewrite master boot record...

Note! Make sure to add the windows partition in the bootloader config to be able to boot up in windows when you want.
    Regards

Andutt