Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok...I'm trying to install Red Hat 7.3 on a Compaq Proliant 1500. But when I start the install it says that I don't have enough RAM to install Red Hat...which ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help

Ok...I'm trying to install Red Hat 7.3 on a Compaq Proliant 1500. But when I start the install it says that I don't have enough RAM to install Red Hat...which is odd because I have 192 megs of it!!!

I've tried installing from a floppy and from the CDROM using autoboot.bat, but I keep getting the same error. Any help would be really apreciated

Linux User
    at which stage does it throw the error message? when you create the partitions or at the beginning? i had a problem with redhat7.3 when it just did not accept the partition size that I gave in, when it allocated size on its own it the installation worked fine, but when I tried to customize the sizes then it failed.
    on a diff note, whey dont you try redhat 9? or do you have any specific reason for trying 7.3?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by nikhil
    at which stage does it throw the error message? when you create the partitions or at the beginning? i had a problem with redhat7.3 when it just did not accept the partition size that I gave in, when it allocated size on its own it the installation worked fine, but when I tried to customize the sizes then it failed.
    on a diff note, whey dont you try redhat 9? or do you have any specific reason for trying 7.3?
    I guess I could try and re do the partions. I didn't do a fdisk. I'm using 7.3 because that is the version that my Co-Op supervisor gave me...I really don't care what version it is...I'm a complete linux noob, I just want to learn

Linux Engineer
    try redhat 9 or fedora core 1 (mad eby redhat but has soem slight differences)

newer version of things are almsot always the answer, if u get stuck with anyhting else, update it and see if that fixes it.