Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
The NTFS driver for Fedora can be fetched from the Linux-NTFS sourceforge projects, here: http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/rpm/fedora1.html As for learning commands and stuff, I would recommend the "Introduction to Linux" book from ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

The NTFS driver for Fedora can be fetched from the Linux-NTFS sourceforge projects, here:
    http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/rpm/fedora1.html

As for learning commands and stuff, I would recommend the "Introduction to Linux" book from TLDP. Don't pay any attention to the History section, though; it's mainly incorrect.
    http://www.tldp.org/LDP/intro-linux/Intro-Linux.pdf

Linux Newbie
    Drivers are a good thing *_*

Ive been spending most of my time on how to mount stupid fat drives from the manual that comes with fedora. But i have this major problem: i cant work out the command line right so that i am considered the root. so here i am searching for topics like 'root' 'password' and pressing tab alot in the terminal... but nothing is helping. But then luckily the net came back up, so i switched to windows.

Ill probably put everything i need onto a cd and then from fedora access it, run them and hopefully they will self compile themselves (I know my nforce controllers said they did) and the internet will work on fedora. After that all i really need is to find my quake3 cd and im basically happy!
    /skythra

Linux Engineer
    to becoem root:
    type su at a terminal. (stands for switch user i think, can also be given as "su otherUser" to switch to another user, if just used as su will switch to root)
    it will ask u for the root password, which u shoudl have given it during install, if u left it blank jsut press enter.

**give root apassword if u didnt before**
    this is very important to keepign ur comp. secure, type passwd at a terminal once u r root, give it ur new password to change it.

now, you are root. to mount a drive type
    Code:
    ls /mnt
    **this will show u what drives are currently mounted, its very likely it mounted ur drive by iteslf during install. it would be called nt, windows, dos, or win_c **

if it not already there, do this
    Code:
    fdisk -l /dev/hda

**this will show ur drive partitions on hda (pri. master), from top to bottom (fat/ntfs drievs only)is probably the order they appear in windows

mkdir /mnt/windows1
    mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows1
    replace hda1 with whatever the partition number is u want to mount, eg hda2.

if u want to mount a different drive, try fdisk -l /dev/hdb (or hdc, hdd) to fidn out the numbers for that drive, then susbtitute them in.

This will mount ur drive untill u reboot.

to mount it permanently... i'll let someone else explain so this post doesnt get too big.

btw, use xmms for music and mplayer for videos. xmms has a much better (IMO) playlist system

Linux Newbie
    Thanks! I think im going to print this page so it could make life a little easier when i reboot to fedora =D
    /skythra

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3