Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Ok I've got mplayer to work but when I try to use menoder here is the error message that I get Code: MEncoder 1.0pre3-3.2.3 (C) 2000-2003 MPlayer Team CPU: Advanced ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Help with MPlayer

Ok I've got mplayer to work but when I try to use menoder here is the error message that I get

Code:
    MEncoder 1.0pre3-3.2.3 (C) 2000-2003 MPlayer Team

CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon MP/XP Thoroughbred 1596 MHz (Family: 6, Stepping: 1)
    Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
    CPUflags: Type: 6 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 1 SSE2: 0
    Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE

Reading /home/adam/.mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open '/home/adam/.mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
    Reading /usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open '/usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
    Using built-in default codecs.conf.
    File not found: 'frameno.avi'
    Failed to open frameno.avi
    Reading config file /home/adam/.mplayer/mencoder: No such file or directory
    -tv on is deprecated, use tv:// instead
    Exiting... (error parsing cmdline)
    a few questions what is the codecs.conf I cant find any mention iof it in the documentation or the man pages. Also what is frameno.avi. How can I install other codecs.
    The computer made me do it!! Slackware and SUSE too Gig\'em WHOOOOP!!
    \"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain amount of tasks, At the rate I\'m going I will never die.\" (I don\'t know)

Linux Guru
    What command did you use?

Linux User
    this is the command that i got from freevo

/usr/local/bin/mencoder -tv on:driver=v4l:input=0:norm=ntsc:channel=6:chanlist =us-cable:width=320:height=240:outfmt=yuy2:device=/dev/video0:adevice=/dev/dsp:audiorate=32000:forceaudio:forcechan=1:buffers ize=64 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1200:keyint=30 -oac mp3lame -lameopts br=128:cbr:mode=3 -ffourcc
    divx -endpos 1788 -o /home/adam/shows//01-12_19:00_Happy_Gilmore_-_.avi

I also used the example commands from the MPlayer documentation
    \"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain amount of tasks, At the rate I\'m going I will never die.\" (I don\'t know)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    I think Iv'e fixed first problem but how do I compile with mp3lame support I cant find anything about lame in the documentation except on how to use it.

Linux Guru
    Are you sure that you have mp3lame installed? No distributions ship it since MP3 encoding is patented by Fraunhofer Labs.

Linux User
    I installed it and I recompiled the MPlayer. I figured out that my problem was that Freevo uses MPlayer 0.92 and I had 1.0pre3 so I had to compile 0.92 and use that one instead. Anyway here is another question. Now when I try to encode from the tvtuner card I get video but I dont get good sound. here is the command
    Code:
    /usr/local/bin/mencoder -tv \
    on:driver=v4l:input=0:norm=ntsc:channel=6:chanlist=us-cable:width=320:\
    height=240:outfmt=yuy2:device=/dev/video0:adevice=/dev/dsp:audiorate=32000:forceaudio:forcechan=1:buffersize=64 \
     -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1200:keyint=30 -oac \
     mp3lame -lameopts br=128:cbr:mode=3 -ffourcc divx -endpos \
     1788 -o /home/adam/shows//01-12_19:00_Happy_Gilmore_-_.avi
    Is there another audio device for the huappege card that I am using. I noticed it had a line in and a line out for audio. Right I have a cord that runs the line out to my line in on my audio card. So should I use a different device for audio recording instead of dsp.

Linux Guru
    No, you should use /dev/dsp, but maybe your mixer settings are off a bit? What kind of error is in the sound? Does it sound like noise, clipping, distortion, etc.?

Linux User
    Yeah its a bunch of clicking noises.

Linux Guru
    Hmm... can you post one of the captured files somewhere on the internet as to provide a listening sample?

Linux User

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast