Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I've been trying to get my Linksys wcf12 compactflash card (prism 2.5) working under kernel 2.6.0 on a Gericom X5 Force laptop. Basically: - the linux-wlan-ng modules from debian/testing ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

After inserting wlan-card mylaptop freeze on boot ...

Hi

I've been trying to get my Linksys wcf12 compactflash card (prism 2.5) working under kernel 2.6.0 on a Gericom X5 Force laptop. Basically:
    - the linux-wlan-ng modules from debian/testing do not work (they are for 2.4)
    - the sources of linux-wlan-ng-0.2.1-pre16 (newest version from the linux-wlan-ng site) compile successfully, but do not work.

The module cause system lockup after a few seconds. After inserting wlan-card, the laptop freeze on boot in only 30s (i.e. mouse and keyboard input is ignored and only a restart fixes the problem).

I am completely out of ideas on how to proceed. I know the card is
    fine because it works on windows XP.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Linux Guru
    Could you try doing it while having the console in text mode, and see if the kernel spits out any helpful messages. Check /var/log/messages and dmesg periodically, or (which I'd say is preferrable anyway) edit your /etc/syslog.conf to redirect *.* to /dev/tty12 or something like that, which will allow you to see everything that happens.