Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I was referring to the"noauto, ro, user, unhide". Those cannot be seperated by anything at all....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

I was referring to the"noauto, ro, user, unhide". Those cannot be seperated by anything at all.

well thats odd then dolda, cuz, as far as i remember, the harddrives' options are also separated that way and, well..... i think they work fine as everything's booting up fine...

Sorrowly i cant confirm that as im in school now, but still im pretty darn sure as i copied the "layout" so to say. i wouldnt be dumb enough to have the harddrives' options and the cdroms' separated in a completely different way....

Linux User
    well if the error message says that "the mountpoint does not exist" then make sure you have the /mnt/cdrom and the /mnt/cdrom2 directories present....you might have the first one and maybe you need to create the second...are you trying to mount them as root or any other user?
    Fixing Unix is better than working with Windows.
    http://nikhilk.homedns.org/projects/index.html

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    sorry to sound very, very newb but i thought fstab created those directories for me

ill try to mkdir those directories and then reboot.

else of that im quite curious what command will make my non-root user able to use some commands as, say, mount.

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by linduxed
    well thats odd then dolda, cuz, as far as i remember, the harddrives' options are also separated that way and, well..... i think they work fine as everything's booting up fine...
    In that case, that's probably because those filesystems are mounted by the kernel without looking at /etc/fstab. The bottom line is that the mount options cannot be seperated.

the only thing i had forgotten about was that you need to create the cdrom directories.

everything worked fine after adding the directories...

the only problem now is that i dont know how to give the ordinary users permission to use and mount the cdroms.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2