Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys, I just reformatted a while ago and installed Ubuntu. Its my first time with linux, and everything is fine. But I cant connect to the internet. I have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Urgent Help needed!!!

Hi guys, I just reformatted a while ago and installed Ubuntu. Its my first time with linux, and everything is fine. But I cant connect to the internet. I have a BT Voyager 2100 router which I have a wired connection to. After messing around a little with the network settings in Ubuntu, I can connect to my routers control panel, but I still cant connect to the internet. Can anyone guide me on what to do, as I only have this laptop I am using at the moment for a short time. Thanks alot!

Just Joined!
    Just to give you more information, I found that choosing a static ip setting helped me to connect to the router. Running the "ifconfig" command, gives me alot of information, so I am unsure as to what you would need to know. I will be here for a while watching over, so let me know what is needed. Thanks alot if you can help!

Updated # I can browse the internet whilst this laptop (with windows) is connected wirelessly. Very strange, but the soon as I shut down the laptop, I cant connect with my PC anymore.

Just Joined!
    Now solved. For anyone comming to this through a google search, I had to disable Ipv6.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close