Find the answer to your Linux question:
i want a machine with bolth Suse OSS and windows xp on it so at first i thought that it would be fine to have vmware which worked great intill ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question dual booting help!

i want a machine with bolth Suse OSS and windows xp on it so at first i thought that it would be fine to have vmware which worked great intill i thought about playing games on it the game would install and run fine but my framerate would be crap so i have decided to try dual booting but the problem is that all the howtos i have found say install windows first which is a huge problem because i just spent a month customizeing Suse oss to do just about everything the retail version can do and i dont remember how i did half of it so could anyone tell me how i could install the windows half after the linux part without looseing my linux data also if possable is there a way to share files between the to partitions thanks for your help

well, you can do it like so:
    1. create an empty partition for windows or use a new drive. (if using a new drive, set it to be primary master).
    2. boot windows and install it to the required partition or drive.
    3. boot using SUSE install cd/dvd and reinstall grub to MBR of primary master drive to enjoy dual booting.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Just Joined!
    do you know of any good partitioning programs besides qtparted because qtparted requires libc.so.6 that would screw up like 60 of my programs?