Find the answer to your Linux question:
i've downloaded Mandrake 9.2 isos,and installed them. In the wallpaper it says that it is download edition. what is the difference between download edion and the other (not free) editions ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Mandrake d/l edition

i've downloaded Mandrake 9.2 isos,and installed them. In the wallpaper it says that it is download edition.
    what is the difference between download edion and the other (not free) editions of Mandrake 9.2 ?

Linux Engineer
    mandrake 9.2 has soem "adds" in it to get revenue from mandrakesoft, which is actaualyl not a bad idea. No this is not windows like spyware, it just means that the default bookmarks in ur browser will haev some "additional" links and the screensaver/desktop by default will show adds i think. (also u probably got some during isntall)

They can eassily be removed just by changing to the wallpaper/screensaver and by clickign add/remove bookmarks in ur browser.

Oh yeah, the reatil version has a big and very useful manual, and gets u a subsription the mandrakes download site, and their helpdesk.

apart from taht, not much.

Just Joined!
    You will also have some commercial or not-free softwares (Java, Flash player, StarOffice, ...) with commercial verisions of Mandrake Linux.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close