Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi ! I have recently installed Red Hat 9.0 on my IBM Intelli Station ehich has a MAtrox Millenium G200 card. Since install the system has booted twice normally , ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

problems with Matrox Millenium G200 and Red Hat 9.0

Hi ! I have recently installed Red Hat 9.0 on my IBM Intelli Station ehich has a MAtrox Millenium G200 card.

Since install the system has booted twice normally , and can't enter X Windows since. It displays the console login and the tries to enter graphical mode over and over again but fails - the screen goes black and some weird lines and dots appear. Then it goes out to console mode again.

I tried reinstalling Red Hat. It booted twice again, but not the tird time. Does Red Hat support MM G200 ? is there some kind of an update ?

Anyway, thank you in advance for helping.

Linux Guru
    It would help if you would provide the X server's log. If you log in at the console, you should be able to find the file /var/log/XFree86.0.log. If you could somehow post the contents of it, that would be great.

Linux Newbie
    I didn't manage to get the log file. Thanks anyway. I uninstalled Red Hat and am running Slackware 9.1 now. Is this a good choice ? No problems here anymore. Thank you .

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close