Find the answer to your Linux question:
When I try to install SuSE Linux 10.0 the following message appears on the black screen: GRUB Loading stage 1.5. GRUB Loading, please wait... Error 22 I have two hard ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unable to fixmbr in Windows XP Pro

When I try to install SuSE Linux 10.0 the following message appears on the black screen:

GRUB Loading stage 1.5.

GRUB Loading, please wait...
    Error 22

I have two hard disk drives:

(D0) on which Windows XP Pro and Xandros are both installed and
    (D1) on which I deleted SuSE Linux 9.3 Pro's partitions using Partition Magic by a "Delete and Secure Erase"

Although Xandros explains how to UNinstall the program and it DOES remove the distro, Xandros' lilo boot loader continues appearing whenever I reboot the system.

What I would like to do is to:

1. UNinstall entirely Xandros and INSTALL instead SuSE Linux 10.0 on which Windows XP is (D0) and
    2. Perform a new install of Xandros on the other disk drive (D1)

in order to continue examining and working with Xandros.

However, when I try to do it SuSE Linux 10.0's installation GRUB loader locks or freezes when the message Error 22 appears later on. I am unable to fix the mbr (master boot record) in Windows XP Pro using the REPAIR option.

Is there any way of correcting the Error 22 message so that SuSE Linux 10.0 can be installed?

Just Joined!
    To fix your MBR in Windows, you need the installation CD. I suggest another forum specific to Windows, as this is a Linux forum.

I will say, once you have the MBR repaired, you would have to go through and reinstall your Linux installs. I would use the GRUB loader when co-existing with Windows.