Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have two cd drives, one of which is a CD-ROM drive and the other is CD-RW. My CD-ROM drive has broken down for many months, not able to read ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help me change the BIOS settings

I have two cd drives, one of which is a CD-ROM drive and the other is CD-RW. My CD-ROM drive has broken down for many months, not able to read any cd i put in, but my computer still recognizes it, according to the "device manager" section in windows.

My problem goes like this: I need to boot from the CD and of course it must be inserted in the CD-RW drive. But in the BIOS settings, the CD-RW drive is not in the list of drives to choose to boot from. What can i do?

By the way, the first Fedora Core 4 CD doesn't contain any .EXE file. Is this normal? This is the first time I do things like this so please don't be annoyed if my questions are stupid

If the drive is broken, then you're better off taking the lid off the case and removing the ribbon cable and power connector from the back of it. There is no way the system will try to use it then.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/