Results 1 to 2 of 2
[QUOTE=kksingh]I have a Compaq Presario SR1518 IL. Its configuration is as follows: P4 2.6 Ghz, (256 + 512) MB RAM, ASUS CDRW, (40 + 80)GB HDD running Win XP Pro. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 05-30-2006 #1
- Join Date
- May 2006
critical installation Error-Redhat
P4 2.6 Ghz, (256 + 512) MB RAM, ASUS CDRW, (40 + 80)GB HDD running Win XP Pro. Monitor is Compaq MV7540. Intel 845G chipset.
My problem is that I am unable to install any of the linux distros(& that incl. RHEL4 Advaced Server) available. Whenever I autoboot using my CDROM:
1) The welcome screen appears and I press enter to install.
2)it shows"Uncompressing vmlinuz.* .... OK" and then the system restarts for no apparent reason.
I tried the followingand trust me ,they dont work)
1) the boot options...all of them -> nodma, noprobe..even text install; nothing works.
2) the image files->cdrom.img in case of RHEL4, boot.iso in Mandriva et al.
Plz advice how i will go forward......
Thanks in advance
- 05-30-2006 #2
I see you posted here too:
Did you make sure:
1) You have the latest BIOS version for your laptop ?
2) You tryed the install option:
linux acpi=off nolapic
4) The RAM on your system is in good health (memtest x86+ shows OK) ? (The fact the laptop is new is no waranty.)"To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."