Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guyz, I am having one big problem with installing SUSE Linux ... that is : I have a rather small hard disk but on the other hand I want ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

HUGE problem with installation

Hey guyz,

I am having one big problem with installing SUSE Linux ... that is : I have a rather small hard disk but on the other hand I want to enjoy the packages that come with the CDs ... I need graphix apps, application server, java IDE, ... etc...

The main problem is that there are like two thousand packages on the CD and I don't know which to install and which to miss... I need some sort of criterion to know the not useful ones (to me...) yet without losing any nice packages....

Another quick question... Is C++ different on Linux??

Thanks alot.

How big is your hard drive? If you do a basic SuSE install with KDE, that shouldn't take up too much space. Then, install packages with Yast on an as needed basis.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered:#371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    Thanks for your help ... but one question: do you mean by basic Suse install the default one??

Yes. Again, how big is your drive?

Just Joined!
    40gb but i need to store alot of stuff so max 1gbfor linux os

Of course, do what you think is best, but if it were me with forty gig, I'd do a complete SuSE install, (installing everything). It will take you a lot of time to fill up all the drive you'll have left over. When you finally do, just buy a USB external drive.

Just Joined!

Exclamation Uninstall linux?????? to run XP

Hey im a newb. i had fedora core 5 installed on my hd in my vaio. there is no recovery cds for it and i was told to delete the partition where linux was placed. i did that now i try to boot windows and all i get is the grub command. so now im running phlak of the cd. . any help would be very much appreciated. i would like to put fc5 on my external usb hard drive after i get this problem solved. but would there be any loading conflicts or any idea on how i would be able to do either of these operations??