Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I am new to Linux and currently havea 64-bit PC with 2 hard drives. One HD has Win XP the 2nd HD is empty. Both are FTNS partioned. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

No Hard Drive FOund Please Help

Hi I am new to Linux and currently havea 64-bit PC with 2 hard drives. One HD has Win XP the 2nd HD is empty. Both are FTNS partioned. I try to install Suse 10.1 but during the initial steps get an error saying no hard drives found. Please help.

Thanks

what kind of hard drives are they? If they are sata you might need to load a module for the installer to see them. If they are in raid you might have more trouble. If you can post what the type and kind of harddrive hopefully someone with a similar setup can help you.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Just Joined!

HD Models

Hi Spencer, thanks for teh post. I checked and bopth drives are SEAGATE ST380013AS 80GB SERIAL ATA HDD 7200 RPM 8MB BUFFER BARE DRIVES. Any insight now that you knwo the drive types? Hope you or others can help...really want to start using Linux...>THANKS

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close