Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok, I have Fedora Core 4 installed and would like to dual boot it with Windows Vista. So I have installed FC4 and want to install Vista (On another HD). ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

FC4 and Vista Dual Boot help please!!

Ok, I have Fedora Core 4 installed and would like to dual boot it with Windows Vista.

So I have installed FC4 and want to install Vista (On another HD). But if i just install it I wont be able to select Linux or Windows will I? So how do i do it??

Currently when i boot up FC4 it doesnt ask me what OS to go on because ive only got FC4 on it.

Any Help greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
    Tom

the best thing is install vista before linux coz GRUB automatically select other OS...
    you are going to install vista on other disk.. well !! it will be easy coz on same disk..its a bit troublesome if install linux before vista....
    install vista on other disk...then connect both disks n boot up Fedora... now u have to edit GRUB... it shud be written on the MBR of another disk having vista....

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by devils_casper
    check this link...

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ins...ing-ntldr.html

<=== { casper } ===>
    so unplug the IDE cable on the Linux Drive? before installing because last time i did this i booted the PC up and it said GRUB Boot Error.