Find the answer to your Linux question:
if only certain ones can, then I would like to know which ones....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

can a CD ISO burner make live DVDs?

if only certain ones can, then I would like to know which ones.

The trick in making a LiveDVD isn't in the burner itself, but the ISO you're looking to burn. Perhaps you have a different meaning of LiveDVD? Do you mean a multi-session DVD you can burn to several times until it's full, or do you mean a DVD that contains a bootable operating system?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    sorry, I just realized that I didn't ask the question very well. What I want is to make a bootable live DVD using SUSE-Linux-10.1-GM-LiveDVD.iso. I have downloaded iso files before and used a program that automatically makes a bootable CD from the selected iso (I think it's just called ISORecorder). When I selected that iso (that I just mentioned) and used the program with a DVD in the DVD drive, it said 'can not work with this media'. So I guess what I am really asking is if any program that turns ISOs into a bootable CD could also make a bootable DVD from an iso.

(I hope that made more sense)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by Thr4wn
    sorry, I just realized that I didn't ask the question very well. What I want is to make a bootable live DVD using SUSE-Linux-10.1-GM-LiveDVD.iso. I have downloaded iso files before and used a program that automatically makes a bootable CD from the selected iso (I think it's just called ISORecorder). When I selected that iso (that I just mentioned) and used the program with a DVD in the DVD drive, it said 'can not work with this media'. So I guess what I am really asking is if any program that turns ISOs into a bootable CD could also make a bootable DVD from an iso.

(I hope that made more sense)
    Any CD-burning software should offer this option. What are you trying to open it with?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants