Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am running windows xp pro and have just downloaded the iso images for suse 10.1. I used Nero 5 to burn the cds. I selected the CD-ROM(ISO) option, under ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Instal help

I am running windows xp pro and have just downloaded the iso images for suse 10.1. I used Nero 5 to burn the cds. I selected the CD-ROM(ISO) option, under the ISO options I selected ISO level 1, ISO 9660 character set and no relaxed ISO restrictions. I burned the cds and verified thier data. I set the boot sequence to boot from cd and placed cd 1 into the drive. restarted my system and it loads windows and acts as if there is no boot sequence on the disk at all. I even tried to disable all other boot devices and it just gave the A: prompt stating that there were no boot files found or something along those lines. If anything I think I might not created the boot disk correctly? I am recreating the boot disk using cdburnerxp as described in the another post I will reply on wether it works or not.

Just Joined!

Still the same result

After following the directions to burn an ISO boot cd in the Newbe forum I am still getting the same results my pc overlooks the boot CD and goes directly into booting windows. I have even double checked that boot to cd is the first in the sequence. I iknow that the cds are created correctly why is this happening?

Just Joined!
    you could always go into the network boot sequence by pressing f12 when prompted at booting. or maybe its f10. either way you will be able to select which device to boot to. if you choose cdrom and it still doesnt work then you know that something is wrong with the cd

Linux Newbie
    You need to burn cd image option - not familiar with cdburnerxp but a quick visit to their web site shows this page http://cdburnerxp.se/help/english/burniso . I think what you were doing was creating an iso image.
    Burn at a slow speed to have the best chance of success.
    Elive,kanotix-mini,pclinuxos super gamer,xp, sidux

Just Joined!

Thank You

I appreciate the responses. I have figured out the delima and I am writing this in a Linux environment.