Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey everyone, I got this laptop with windows 98 on it, it works pretty good.. only thing is that the docking station doesnt work on it. that wouldnt be that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Possible problem..

Hey everyone,
    I got this laptop with windows 98 on it, it works pretty good.. only thing is that the docking station doesnt work on it. that wouldnt be that big of a deal except that the cd-rom drive, floppy disk drive, usb port are all on the docking station.. I read online about a similar problem, something to do with windows 98's plug and play not picking up the docking station... so my question is this:
    Does linux have the ability to pickup a connection like my docking station?

And

How in the world could i go about installing it, with no cd rom drive, floppy drive, or a usb port? it has a (Im guessing), an ethernet port thats not on the docking station, if its not an ethernet port that i would assume it to be a lan card..

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated...
    matt

Just Joined!
    I believe that I have a laptop with docking station and one without docking station. I believe that the laptop with docking station has USB ports on the laptop. I believe that Linux can see the docking station and recognize the hardware (such as the floppy diskette drive or devices that plug into the station) without too much problem. But I do not believe this to be the case universally, so I would see if the setup CD or diskette picks up the hardware that it can.

My laptop with docking station is a Fujitsu LifeBook B142 Series, and I believe that when I had installed Linux, the floppy diskette drive (plugged into the docking station) was recognized.

I hope that this helps.