Find the answer to your Linux question:
I 'm trying to install System Commander ver 7.05 as my boot manager for Windows XP & Red Hat Linux ver 9. Installed WinXP on a NTFS 7 Gb formatted ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

System Commander ver 7.05 with Windows XP Home & RH Linux ver 9

I 'm trying to install System Commander ver 7.05 as my boot manager for Windows XP & Red Hat Linux ver 9.

Installed WinXP on a NTFS 7 Gb formatted on 30 Gb Hard disk. Then installed System Commander ver 7.05. Re-booted the system, System Commander recognised XP.

Using Add-OS wizard of System Commander, I created Linux "/" & "swap" partition of 3 Gb & 256 Mb on the Hard disk. At this stage, SystemCommander asks to put Linux boot disks. Since no boot disks are provided, I put RH Linux 9 in CD drive, but it doesn't recognise the boot CD in the CD-ROM drive.

Then I boot the system with RH Linux ver 9 CD-1 in CD-ROM drive. With Disk druid, I re-format the "swap" & "/" partitions automatically created by System Commander. It asks me to choose a boot loader (Lilo/Grub/No boot loader). I tried all 3. I do not create "/boot" partition on hda. Installed RH ver 9.

When I re-boot the system, it takes me to System Commander boot manager. I see a Linux pingeon along with Win-XP. When I select Win-XP, I 'm able to boot windows. When I choose Linux, it says "no boot information available".

How do I make my Linux installtion in "/" seen by System Commander Boot loader ?
    How do I make Lilo/Grub getting installed in boot partition of the "/" and not MBR. No option is providet at boot loader installation time.

Thanks.

The installer should have given you the ability to
    install LILO or GRUB to the superblock of the /
    partition.