Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help with this. I have installed Win 2k and Redhat 8.0 and Grub worked fine. Due to a problem compiling C programs my tutor advised ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Grub Boot loader

Hi,
    I'm hoping someone can help with this. I have installed Win 2k and Redhat 8.0 and Grub worked fine. Due to a problem compiling C programs my tutor advised me to use Redhat 7.3. I've installed it but it hasn't come up in the Grub Selector so i can't run it. I was hoping someone could tell me how to configure Grub to list all the OS's.

Thanks alot.

Connavar

Linux Guru
    I wouldn't recommend you at all with installing an inferior version. Instead, tell us of your problems with compiling and we'll try to solve that instead.

Just Joined!
    Its part of my University Project. Were creating a programming language called Popit, the tutors have already made parts of it where you can compile them in 7.3 without any errors then when you try it in 8.0 you get a awfull lot of errors.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    Well, what kind of errors are they, then?
    Either this is some kind of flaw in RH8 (or your installation of it), or the tutors have programmed unportably, either of which should be fixed.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Connavar
    Hi,
    I'm hoping someone can help with this. I have installed Win 2k and Redhat 8.0 and Grub worked fine. Due to a problem compiling C programs my tutor advised me to use Redhat 7.3. I've installed it but it hasn't come up in the Grub Selector so i can't run it. I was hoping someone could tell me how to configure Grub to list all the OS's.

Thanks alot.

Connavar
    This thread inerests me as I have the same problem with freespire and ubuntu.
    I never see a choice to boot freespire. I used the freespire gpart to partition the drive and installed ubuntu to the largest free space. Ubuntu works fine. Then I installed freespire to the to the other partition. I can't access freespire, which worked fine when installed alone.

mount freespire partition in Ubuntu and copy 'title, root, kernel and initrd line from its menu.lst ( grub.conf ) file. add these lines in Ubuntu's menu.lst file.

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First