Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
i don`t know what to say anymore...anything seems to work bad.Begining with the X apllications which freeze to the "command line" where something strange happens:my mouse apears there like in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

have i installed it wrong or is redhat ...

i don`t know what to say anymore...anything seems to work bad.Begining with the X apllications which freeze to the "command line" where something strange happens:my mouse apears there like in a "command line" in windows, and of course doesn`t work.If i move my mouse is synonim with pressing "enter".It`s more haotic than i explained here.
    if i want to install something it gives or a meesage like
    • MD5 digest: BAD Expected(5c10ca1ab2c07324184715e6a30ce9ae) != (bfafd96ca04805d6c62d54082ef5127f)
    or like
    • V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 883c1c14
    or it says that i need o list of other things...
    The network is working , like i said in the networking section of this forum, very bad...
    Only the internet seems to look fine!
    I can`t see what aplications i have installed because it freezes...and so on
    I want some good explanetions because all the people say linux is the best.I haven`t seen that yet...
    Have i installed it wrong ...Should i reinstall it?!
    Please help...for the surviveing of linux on my computer

Hello. Sorry to hear of your bad experience with Redhat. Can I ask where you got your copy from? Did you download it from the net and then burn it onto a cd? Did you get it mail order, or was it sold with a magazine? If we start from the begining perhaps we can offer you a solution. Maybe you just have a bad disk, because your problems sound severe!
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!
    and what you recomand me : gnome or kde ?
    by the way ...forgot to say about nautillu`s crashes...to many

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I think KDE is best for a newbie. There's nothing wrong with Gnome, but if you're having problems and you're changing from Window$ I think it's better to keep things simple.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!
    i achieved linux(3 cd) from a friend of mine...which is far away from me right now...so i could not say wherefrom is my redhat.Sorry!

I don't think you have a complete installation disk. I hope someone else on the forum will also comment on this, but my guess is that your friend has not supplied a good copy of the distro.

I found this using Google (Google is your friend... remember that )

'MD5 digests are often provided with large files for downloading, the idea being that the downloader is told the MD5 digest for the file, and can thus check that it has been downloaded correctly by running MD5 over the file and comparing the digest with the one provided.'

http://www.tavi.co.uk/os2pages/md5.html

So this suggests a bad copy or bad download of Redhat

Just Joined!
    Thanks a lot fingal !
    But how could this be possible ?!
    And if this is true...now wherefrom should i get redhat 9?
    From redhat.com i can not ...don`t know why.

Not easy to answer as I have never used Redhat 9, but I would be tempted to buy a copy of 'Red Hat Linux 9 Unleashed' from www.amazon.co.uk (no... I don't work for them!) This includes Redhat 9 CDs with the book. Other than that, you could try to look for an online supplier... I think Fedora Core 1 is a Redhat distro. Or else, look for a magazine with something on a cover disk.

Or maybe some kind hacker could post you one? An offers out there??

Download the ISO's from Linux ISO and burn them on CD.
    Or directly from the Fedora site ... RH9 will be stopped this or next month.
    ---[ MS09-99896 - Vulnerability in All MS Windows OS ; Using Windows Could Allow Remote Code Execution. ]---
    Hardware: Asus P4P800, 1GB, P4-3Ghz, Asus V9950, Maxtor ATA HD\'s, 3Com GBit lan, Audigy ZS Plat.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast