Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Can't remove Linux partitions

Casper,

That's exactly what I am trying to do: delete the partitions and so far dd has not worked (I get command not found, and yes, I've double checked the code) nor will a Windows ME boot disk. I'm looking at the UBCD download site but it says it's a bit torrent download which I know nothing about. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am supposed to burn this to a CD right? One of the major problems I'm encountering with Linux (Red Hat) is that I cannot do anything that requires a media player i.e.: burn CDs. I can't even listen to CDs even though I have 5 media players, including Helix. I digress.

Thanks, your help is much appreciated.

Raquel

HI !!

UBCD is not in torrent format... you can download it through any download manager...

I cannot do anything that requires a media player i.e.: burn CDs.
    for burning CD, you can use Nero ( window based ), K3b ( linux based ) or any image burner software........

I can't even listen to CDs even though I have 5 media players, including Helix.
    if you are asking about mp3 then Linux dont have codecs per-installed... you have to download these... i am using xmms... its like winamp...
    you can use yum for download...

$ yum -y install xmms xmms-mp3
    for DVD and VCDs... Xine or Mplayer ( with codecs )

.... casper ....
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First