Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
hi! yeah i did i really zucked up, i uninstalled ssl, and all its dependencies, so i could fix up my own, with all the bugs and such in it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

hi!
    yeah i did i really zucked up, i uninstalled ssl, and all its dependencies, so i could fix up my own, with all the bugs and such in it lately. it just turned it one FAT problem. almost everything depends on ssl i cant get it to recognize my install? know of any better ways to go about this?
    if you think your already mess up and too many errors comes in why not start from a fresh installation again maybe it would be easier for you.

suggestion only!

~noelt.

Linux Guru
    Starting over from scratch would be the ultimate disgrace for me.

Just Joined!
    sorry about that Dolda2000! no pun intended.

i am just making the work easier for him but if he has the guts, time and willing to post all the errors that he can meet, well it's ok.

basically, you have to install the needed rpm's and dependencies.

regards...

~noelt.

Linux Guru
    Don't worry, I wasn't trying to bark at you, I was just telling.
    Anyway, I usually don't even consider reinstalling anymore. I would go to any lengths in order to avoid reinstalling my system if anything went wrong with it, since it's so customized.

It's actually pretty funny, how your troubleshooting methods change after switching from Windows to Linux. When I was still doing Windows, the first thing I do would be to reboot, and then after some other weak tries reinstall. Nowadays, I'm really having a hard time getting a Windows "system" to work, since I'm not used to that kind if instability anymore. I don't even think about rebooting anymore; when someone suggests rebooting the computer to fix a problem, I just think "Why? Why would you have to do that? What good could rebooting possibly do?". Reinstalling isn't even an option for me anymore.
    </ranting>

Just Joined!
    for us who knows the ins and outs of linux dont usually take the plunge of re-installing...

for beginners alike, there are times you need to... if problems already complicates and dictates so... so as not to discourage them and think that linux is very hard to learn and grasp. we want people to learn linux the easy way and capturing major problems little by little. in doing so, they would later find out how to go about in different problems little by little.

regards...

~noelt.

Just Joined!
    i have no problems learning and using linux, just trying to find a way to have a customized redhat box, which seems to be like having windows do sometihng other than crash. but seriously the system seems to work ok, however to install these needed RPMS, would be best to install nodeps, or to install the ssl RPM along side my tarnball install?

Linux Guru
    If your ssl tarball includes an RPM spec file, you could try to install the RPM info from that. I haven't done anything development with the RPM system, though, so I can't tell you how.

Just Joined!
    i know you already stated that you know nothing about rpm development, but the tarball does come with ssl.spec, is this what i am looking for?

Linux Guru
    Most probably.

Linux Enthusiast
    yeah, I think there is a lot about this in the rpm manpage. Read that.
    I respectfully decline the invitation to join your delusion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2