Find the answer to your Linux question:
Whenever i boot up everything seems to go fine until it loads the gnome panel then i get several different errors relating to "application "gnome-panel" (error ###) has crashed due ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

gnome panel crash

Whenever i boot up everything seems to go fine until it loads the gnome panel then i get several different errors relating to

"application "gnome-panel" (error ###) has crashed due to a fatal error"

every time it gives a different error number.
    this is with redhat 8.0

Linux Guru
    Isn't there an option to report the bug? If so, do it, but don't actually submit it (since it has probably already been submitted), but take the text that it was going to send and post it here.

Just Joined!
    No there is not an option to report a bug. I am really sick of it. Do you think i could uninstall gnome and reinstall it?

Linux Guru
    It wouldn't be too easy to do that in RedHat, since probably half the packages in your system depends on that package. You can try, though. I don't see what good it would do, but you could try. The panel is in the "gnome-panel" package.

Otherwise, try starting the panel in a terminal and see what errors it comes up with. The command is also "gnome-panel".

Just Joined!
    I am having the same problem. If anybody could help me, I would appreciate it.

Just Joined!

tracey

I have the same problem with our server any suggestions?