Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok here I am agian. I was wondering if it was possible to mount /home to another partition after the install is finished. When I was installing Mandriva it didnīt ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Mounting /Home after Installing???

Ok here I am agian. I was wondering if it was possible to mount /home to another partition after the install is finished. When I was installing Mandriva it didnīt give me the option to. I have windows on a 80gig HD, then I chopped up a extra 20gig I had lying around into three pieceīs: One was a 5 gig section for the root, then a 1.5gig section for my swap file, then a 13.5 section for /home but it didnīt give me the option to mount it. So is it possible to mount it afterwards, or do I get to look forward to another install? UGH

Linux Engineer
    Its possible, just add it to your fstab, and the partition you choose will mount to /home upon boot, use df to ensure you are using the partition you want.

Thanks my brotha from anotha motha! Now iīll go translate that forien laungauge on you just spoke about Hopefully google will come up with something.