Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I am somewhat new to linux but this is far from my first install, i am trying to get fedora core 5 running on an athlon xp3000 with a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

install video porblems x800

Hello,
    I am somewhat new to linux but this is far from my first install, i am trying to get fedora core 5 running on an athlon xp3000 with a gig of ddr400 on a abit nf7-s v2. The problem i am having is that as soon as anaconda boots the x server i loose video. I am using a sony sdm-x52 lcd with dvi in from a saphire x800gto, i can see a faint flickering on the screen so i assumed that the scan rate or something was off and pulled out an old crt. Sure enough with a dvi adapter video comes up, but the display is way off all i can see is the top left corner of the screen and getting through the install like this is very hard.

Now i did make it through the installer blind and when i click on the display settings the computer crashes.

This seems like an issue with the generic driver but i really have no idea how to change that in the installer. Should i just try a text install or is there a solution for this? I did notice that it probed my video card as an x800pro.

Thanks
    Tyler

Angry Spotty coverage?

I don't think that your video card is supported by linux. Have you been able to get a gui up with that card and a different distro?

Im running an x850 and (lol) a sony Multiscan 500PS CRT!! I also have problems.