Find the answer to your Linux question:
Yes. I have yet another problem with linux. *pokes it mutiple times to see if it falls over and dies* I installed on my computer so I won't have anyone ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Arrow Another installation problem

Yes. I have yet another problem with linux. *pokes it mutiple times to see if it falls over and dies*
    I installed on my computer so I won't have anyone over my ass about what I can or cannot do. I put my brother's Fedora Core 3 on it. He had all the disks burned so I just installed it on mine.
    Well, This lovely little operating system will not let me jump back into the damn main frame. You know, everyone else's little wagon. It won't let me go back to Windows. I hate Windows with a nice purple passion and have set a life goal of bringing down Microsoft/Bill Gates. I need to re-install Windows back on the damn computer because of programs for school that require Windows.. WINDOWS WINDOWS WINDOWS!! Isn't windows such a lovely monopoly? That's suppose to be illegal.
    Last edited by techieMoe; 09-11-2006 at 02:55 PM.

Just Joined!

yep

totally agree
    but i guess that it is just a fact of life that most of the porgrams that you pay for are going to be crated for either windows or mac, because thats wat the majority of people use
    so they're r not going to design a $500 program for a OS that most people cant even be bothered paying for
    it just makes no sense
    anyway, id really like some help

Quote Originally Posted by xvxNekoxvx
    Yes. I have yet another problem with linux. *pokes it mutiple times to see if it falls over and dies*
    I installed on my computer so I won't have anyone over my ass about what I can or cannot do. I put my brother's Fedora Core 3 on it. He had all the disks burned so I just installed it on mine.
    Well, This lovely little operating system will not let me jump back into the damn main frame. You know, everyone else's little wagon. It won't let me go back to Windows. I hate Windows with a nice purple passion and have set a life goal of bringing down Microsoft/Bill Gates. I need to re-install Windows back on the damn computer because of programs for school that require Windows.. WINDOWS WINDOWS WINDOWS!! Isn't windows such a lovely monopoly? That's suppose to be illegal.
    I'll agree that they should make more linux programs but that not really microsoft's fault they just made a OS that people use.The software makers are the ones not making it for linux.
    Last edited by techieMoe; 09-11-2006 at 02:55 PM.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close

Cool

It is Microsoft's fault for good planning. They have something that they do their own software development. :drown:

Linux is known for being a free operating system so everyone is greedy and we know that, right? Why are you going to make a software for an os that is free because then it wouldn't make sense to charge people for that software, now would it?
    Damn. I think the sentence I just wrote is one big run-on so excuse the grammar.

Just Joined!
    Lets face it, although we all love the abilities Linux gives, there isn't as many things you can do with it as there is in Windows. I know for one that even though customizing everything can be fun at times, who wants to do it every single time they switch some hardware out..

There are just some things for right now that Windows streamlines. Maybe in the near future there will be faster developments for everyone’s (Next) to favorite OS

Cool

That's why it is my goal in life to bring down Microsoft and make a really awesome operating system.

Heehee... I'm ,to quote that songie,"headstrong to take on anyone". I'm not sure if that's what they say in that song though. I haven't heard it in ages.
    BWAHAHA! I turned 18 on Labour Day and I've been in college since August for computer networking, little do they know, that I'm trying to master programming.
    Thanks for all the help you guys give me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xvxNekoxvx
    i totaly agree with you

I HATE windows because "all programs" for school are for damn windows.(i cannot make projects or anything else with linux....and thanks god i dont have windows any more)And almost all people here think that windows xp is the best OS ON THE WORLD!!I think that windows is ****** as ****.Anyway is microsoft paying that they stick "designed for ms win" on laptops,computers......
    my dad uses windows and what does he have?every week reinstalling stable windows.
    anyway windows is good for making viruses for it.Because of that linux is cleaner.

when i asked in school if anybody know for other OS i got answers:
    no.no,no,no,no.no,no,no,no,other windows(95,98,2000,me,vista)