Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, I'm a Linux newbie. I'm trying to install fedora core but when I loaded the bootable CD, it gets to the initial menu then I press enter to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Install Fedora Core 1

Hi All,

I'm a Linux newbie. I'm trying to install fedora core but when I loaded the bootable CD, it gets to the initial menu then I press enter to select the graphical install...it starts loading then shows that it doesn't recognise my monitor (unknown device) ...and when it continues the graphical screen doesnt appear...and ends up giving me a blank screen.

Some PC details:
    Onboard Video Card: S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR
    Approx Total Mem: 16MB
    CPU: 2Gig
    Mem: 256mb

Any help would be great.

jun

flw
    Linux Engineer
    Checkout the Hz rating on your montor (ususally on the back) and make sure you pick a generic monotor with the correct electric specifcations (Hz etc ...).
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Just Joined!
    I too had a similar problem but you can do a --noprobe and then choose a generic monitor. Make sure that you know you monitor settings as well. If you have a reall old monitor like a MAG it will not work. I do not know why. If I were you I would do a text install.

What kind of monitor do you have?

Just Joined!
    I am having a similar problem

when I boot up and switch to init 5 the monitor goes black on one of my older monitors, on the other older monitor and my brothers newer MAG LCD the graphic interface comes up, but it is screwy, when the mouse moves it gets all these lines through the screen

I have an older S3 Virge video card in the box

and how do I run a --noprobe?