Find the answer to your Linux question:
My system configuration is, AMD 3000+ series processor(running at 1.8GHz) Asus A8V-MX Motherboard DDR 512 MB NVidia 5200 fx series Graphics card Sata 80 GB Hard disk LG Dvd Writer ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question installing fc4 & mandrake 10.1 on sata disk

My system configuration is,
    AMD 3000+ series processor(running at 1.8GHz)
    Asus A8V-MX Motherboard
    DDR 512 MB
    NVidia 5200 fx series Graphics card
    Sata 80 GB Hard disk
    LG Dvd Writer

i have tried installing fedora core 4 and mandrake 10.1 on my sata hard disk but both the OS are not detecting my sata disk please help me out, i have asked this to many people but none of them gave a proper reply hope theirs someone who can help me.

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Try something newer like Fedora Core 5 or Mandriva 2006 (or wait for 2007 which will be released soon).

HI !!

its not SATA disk problem... its MotherBoard ( in most cases )........
    check ASUS website and see if they released new version for your MotherBoard's BIOS... download and flash it......
    check your MotherBoard Configuration CD.. it must have Upgrade BIOS utility....... or download it from ASUS site.....

.... casper ....
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by devils_casper
    HI !!

its not SATA disk problem... its MotherBoard ( in most cases )........
    check ASUS website and see if they released new version for your MotherBoard's BIOS... download and flash it......
    check your MotherBoard Configuration CD.. it must have Upgrade BIOS utility....... or download it from ASUS site.....

.... casper ....
    No buddy its not the motherboard problem its only sata hard disk!!!

Hi !

i have ASUS K8S-MX series MotheBoard. SuSe, Debian and RH9 didnt detect harddisk...... i downloaded latest version of BIOS and flashed......

all distros are installed right now.......

.... casper ....

Just Joined!

Wink

Hi !

i have ASUS K8S-MX series MotheBoard. SuSe, Debian and RH9 didnt detect harddisk...... i downloaded latest version of BIOS and flashed......

all distros are installed right now.......

.... casper ....
    can u tell how to update the bios for my motherboard, but their should not be another problem becoz while updating bios if something goes wrong then it becomes a major problem!!!

Hi !!

there wont be any problem if you download correct file.....

its very easy in Windows Os... check your MotherBoard Cd. there must be a BIOS upgrade software. install it, it will download latest version of BIOS automatically. you can flash that anytime.

If you dont have Windows, then you have to download manually. Enter correct MotherBoard number in ASUS website and it will show you all lastest softwares and BIOS files. ASUS MotherBorad CDs are bootable. Boot through CD and execute updater from prompt and flash Bios file.....

.... casper ....

Just Joined!
    Hi !!

there wont be any problem if you download correct file.....

its very easy in Windows Os... check your MotherBoard Cd. there must be a BIOS upgrade software. install it, it will download latest version of BIOS automatically. you can flash that anytime.

If you dont have Windows, then you have to download manually. Enter correct MotherBoard number in ASUS website and it will show you all lastest softwares and BIOS files. ASUS MotherBorad CDs are bootable. Boot through CD and execute updater from prompt and flash Bios file.....

.... casper ....

first thanks for being so helpful.

i entered the motherboard information on the asus site but it is showing the same bios version download and i already have that version 0503

this is the info. i entered
    motherboard
    socket939
    A8V-MX

and the site listed all the drivers which i already had their wasn't any new version of the bios.
    my current bios is version 0503

and what did u mean by "flash anytime"

and what did u mean by "flash anytime"
    download BIOS .rom file yourself or through BIOS updater Application. Now you have this .rom file in your disk.

you can FLASH it anytime.

regarding latest BIOS version, if its not on ASUS site then contact ASUS customer care and ask them for BIOS version and SATA support.

.... casper ....