Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
If your after a free partitioner, you can try this cd: http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ It contains quite a few utilities. I think there are a couple of partitioning programs on there that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

If your after a free partitioner, you can try this cd:
    http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

It contains quite a few utilities. I think there are a couple of partitioning programs on there that may of use. Otherwise you can try the GPartEd Live cd:
    http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php

Regards, Simulator

Just Joined!
    I actually found a buddy with PM on a CD. I justed resized my primary partition to 200GB. I was now going to create a 20GB partition for fedora. You guys said not to format it to a certain type but in PM it looks like you have to chose. Moreover if I choose ext3 it doesnt let me chose a drive letter which really doesnt make sense does it?

Anyone have experience with PM and know what I should do?

Hi !

ext3 file system is not recognized by windows so you can't assign drive letter. if PM is forcing to format partition, then format in FAT32.
    in disk management tool of windows, delete this formatted partition. you will get a free space... install linux in this free space.

.... casper ....
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

partitioning

when I partition my drive I just use a live CD, I prefer Knoppix, it comes with QT Parted, and that is easy enough to use, you do need to re-boot(restart) your computer after you create each new partition, but, thats a small price to pay.

what do you think casper?

I think that partitioning with an xp CD is a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bj Raz
    when I partition my drive I just use a live CD, I prefer Knoppix, it comes with QT Parted, and that is easy enough to use, you do need to re-boot(restart) your computer after you create each new partition, but, thats a small price to pay.
    what do you think casper?
    I think that partitioning with an xp CD is a pain.
    yes ! you are right Bj Raz. Knoppix, Gparted or any LiveCD having partition Manager like qtparted work fine. actually Linux based partitioners are best. XP CD can't resize/shrink partitions. we can only delete existing and create new partitions...

i suggested GParted earlier but Gparted didn't recognize iidavidii's USB keyboard. i think other LiveCDs will also create problems.....

casper

Just Joined!
    thanks for all the help guys, ive got everything partitioned now im just downloading fedora core 5 and after that hoping the installation will go smoothly.

thanks for all the help guys, ive got everything partitioned now im just downloading fedora core 5 and after that hoping the installation will go smoothly.
    installation will go smoothly... no doubt. create unpartitioned/free space and let installer do whatever it wanna do. you will have dual boot.

casper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2