Find the answer to your Linux question:
Okay, I attempted to install Kubuntu using the normal disk, didn't work, jammed with just the green word "Loading", needed to hard reset to turn off. Then managed to install ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Severe problems with Kubuntu

Okay, I attempted to install Kubuntu using the normal disk, didn't work, jammed with just the green word "Loading", needed to hard reset to turn off. Then managed to install through Text install on the Kubuntu disk, however, booting that leaves me with just a console style command that I can only access by hitting the keyboard a few times (all I see is the Kubuntu splash with the loading bar, but there is no progress or details). Had to restore MBR to remove GRUB, and had to set my Windows partition back as active. Then formatted partitions. Now, can someone guide me through what could of been wrong at each stage? Cause I installed Ubuntu fine on here before.

EDIT: Also, trying to install Kubuntu through normal disk using the second option just gave me error about X display system.

Zopah _ _ _

EDIT2: Have attempted reinstall, yields same results, all previous partitions formatted completely.

Sometime you will get weird errors with corrupt discs. Try burning the image again, if doesn't work check the md5sum of the ISO and compare it with the one shown in Kubuntu's webpage if it is different your download is corrupt, download it again

I suspect this since Ubuntu worked fine
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Just Joined!
    Thanks mate, all working now, must have been a problem with the disk