Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Umm this may sound stupid, but did you burn the iso FILE to the cd or did you (in nero or whatever) burn then actual iso as an IMAGE onto ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Umm this may sound stupid, but did you burn the iso FILE to the cd or did you (in nero or whatever) burn then actual iso as an IMAGE onto the cd... there is a big difference.

Just sugesting, my mandrake 10 wont boot from the CD but it also wouldnt burn correctly from nero off the pc. So im still using my mandrake 9.1.
    /skythra

Just Joined!
    Ok quick question..........

I went ahead and got partition magic(Free :-p) and managed to get linux installed fine. My only issue now is that when the boot options come up its only for

Linux
    Dos

How would I go about easily etting it configured so Windows XP is added to the list?

Linux User
    Edit your /boot/grub/grub.conf or /etc/lilo.conf, for which ever boot loader you are using...
    \"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.\"
    Albert Einstein

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    I think you will find that 'dos' is your windows. Try it, when i had dual boot, winXP was registered as DOS on that screen.
    /skythra

Just Joined!
    Edit your /boot/grub/grub.conf or /etc/lilo.conf, for which ever boot loader you are using...
    Using whatever comes with red hat linux 9. Any ideas on exactly what to edit in? I found the grub.conf but have nothing installed on linux to open it , so it says , and dont know what to edit to.

I think you will find that 'dos' is your windows. Try it, when i had dual boot, winXP was registered as DOS on that screen
    Dos is actually my Systemn recovery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2