Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Ok, so i was thumbing through the versions of linux today and i came across, Dreamlinux. It looks all nice and shiny so i downloaded the ISO from a torrent. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Dreamlinux

Ok, so i was thumbing through the versions of linux today and i came across, Dreamlinux. It looks all nice and shiny so i downloaded the ISO from a torrent. So i burned the ISO and booted. It came up with DOS Prompt. I dont know what to do from there, know very few (if any) commands. So if someone could put me in the right direction to put dream on the computer that would be great.
    Thanks.

At first, it is not DOS. It's like saying Windows is Linux

You need to post more details so we can help
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Ok, When i Boot up my computer i hit F8 to go to boot options. Then i boot from the CD that i burned the ISO to. It scans my drives and usb ports. Then it give me a list of options. Then it let's me "Command"(like Configure). Im running windows right now, and i'd like to install linux, DreamLinux.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Did you burn the ISO as an image?
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthangle
    Ok, When i Boot up my computer i hit F8 to go to boot options. Then i boot from the CD that i burned the ISO to. It scans my drives and usb ports. Then it give me a list of options. Then it let's me "Command"(like Configure). Im running windows right now, and i'd like to install linux, DreamLinux.
    DreamLinux is LiveCD having option for install. at prompt, type 'help'.. it will show you the list of commands. i dont remember exact command right now.
    boot up dreamlinux. you can install it on HardDisk via control panel or Menu

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

I tried typing "Help" it gave me a list of commands, im not too familar with that stuff. Could someone put me in a good dirction. Not like explain what exatcly what i have to do, just steer me out of a cloudy situation.

hi !

as i wrote earlier, i can't recall command right now... i hope someone will post it.
    can you post the list of available commands?

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Command avalible are as follow:

and break call cd chcp chdir cls copy ctty date del delq dir drswitch echo echoerr exit for gosub goto hiload idle if Ih loadhigh md mxdir or path pause pauseem prompt rd rem ren rename return remdir set shirt switch time truename type ver veryify vol

Linux Newbie
    Looks like some sort of windows command processor options there. As Juan Pablo mentioned earlier make sure you burn the image as an iso image or cd image not as a bootable cd or just copying the files to cd.
    I have installed dreamlinux myself and as devils_casper said it just boots up as a live cd and you choose install option on the desktop or start menu.
    Elive,kanotix-mini,pclinuxos super gamer,xp, sidux

I thought i burned it correctly, i used a program called CDBurnerXP Pro 3.
    I dont know if i did it right, i told it to burn a ISO and make it a bootable CD. Was there something i did wrong?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast