Find the answer to your Linux question:
I want to install red hat along with windows XP-pro. I have already installed XP. Now, I know that I have to partion the drive using partion magic. From this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

dual installation

I want to install red hat along with windows XP-pro. I have already installed XP. Now, I know that I have to partion the drive using partion magic. From this point I am a total blank. I really want to learn linux. Can someone tell me of a site that has step by step instruction on how to install linux along with window, on a windows machine? Thank you

Linux Guru
    The absolutely easiest way to install Windows and Linux on the same machine is to install both from scratch (first Windows, then Linux, that's important to keep windows from resetting things). If you want to keep your existing Windows installation, which you probably do, the easiest way is, as you said, with parition magic. Partition magic isn't really as stable as it should be, though. You might wind up loosing your Windows installation. That happened my cousin, for example, and many others, too.
    For more instructions, you can really look back on this site. I think we've gone through every existing aspect of dual booting between Linux and Windows.