Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I'm trying to compiling statically the new bash shell from sources, but I receive the following errors after invoking the "make" command : /home/foxrafi/Desktop/glibc/bash-3.2/shell.c:1589: warning: Using 'getpwuid' in statically ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

bash 3.2 - static - installation

Hi I'm trying to compiling statically the new bash shell from sources, but I receive the following errors after invoking the "make" command :
    /home/foxrafi/Desktop/glibc/bash-3.2/shell.c:1589: warning: Using 'getpwuid' in statically linkedapplications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
    ./lib/readline/libreadline.a(complete.o): In function `rl_username_completion_function':
    /home/foxrafi/Desktop/glibc/bash-3.2/lib/readline/complete.c:1852: warning: Using 'setpwent' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version usedfor linking
    shell.o: In function `get_current_user_info':
    /home/foxrafi/Desktop/glibc/bash-3.2/shell.c:1605: warning: Using 'endpwent' in statically linkedapplications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
    ./lib/sh/libsh.a(netopen.o): In function `_netopen6':
    /home/foxrafi/Desktop/glibc/bash-3.2/lib/sh/netopen.c:229: warning: Using 'getaddrinfo' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
    bashline.o: In function `bash_servicename_completion_function':
    /home/foxrafi/Desktop/glibc/bash-3.2/bashline.c:1776: warning: Using 'getservent' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
    /home/foxrafi/Desktop/glibc/bash-3.2/bashline.c:1756: warning: Using 'setservent' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
    /home/foxrafi/Desktop/glibc/bash-3.2/bashline.c:1781: warning: Using 'endservent' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
    /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.6/../../../libc.a(malloc.o): In function `free':
    (.text+0x14f0): multiple definition of `free'
    ./lib/malloc/libmalloc.a(malloc.o):/home/foxrafi/Desktop/glibc/bash-3.2/lib/malloc/malloc.c:1270:first defined here
    /usr/local/bin/ld: Warning: size of symbol `free' changed from 22 in ./lib/malloc/libmalloc.a(malloc.o) to 175 in /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.6/../../../libc.a(malloc.o)
    /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.6/../../../libc.a(malloc.o): In function `malloc':
    (.text+0x3064): multiple definition of `malloc'
    ./lib/malloc/libmalloc.a(malloc.o):/home/foxrafi/Desktop/glibc/bash-3.2/lib/malloc/malloc.c:1255:first defined here
    /usr/local/bin/ld: Warning: size of symbol `malloc' changed from 22 in ./lib/malloc/libmalloc.a(malloc.o) to 373 in /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.6/../../../libc.a(malloc.o)
    /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.6/../../../libc.a(malloc.o): In function `realloc':
    (.text+0x361: multiple definition of `realloc'
    ./lib/malloc/libmalloc.a(malloc.o):/home/foxrafi/Desktop/glibc/bash-3.2/lib/malloc/malloc.c:1263:first defined here
    /usr/local/bin/ld: Warning: size of symbol `realloc' changed from 25 in ./lib/malloc/libmalloc.a(malloc.o) to 667 in /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.6/../../../libc.a(malloc.o)
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [bash] Error 1

Have you any idea what I should do to solve this problem ?
    Thanks for help

Did you do anything weird with ./configure?

Just Joined!
    I set the CFLAGS variable on "-g -O2 -static" and I didn't change this file.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close