Find the answer to your Linux question:
I installed mandrake 10.0 and my keyboard is act crazy the prompt is blinking very fast .. i am not able to type anything . suppose i press letter 'g' ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

keyboard problem

I installed mandrake 10.0 and my keyboard is act crazy the prompt is blinking very fast .. i am not able to type anything . suppose i press letter 'g' once there are like 20 "g"on the screen and if tried to delete it using the back space all the letters are gone. it's like hypersensitive prompt. I am not sure what i should be doing. i tried the key board on a windows system it works fine. another problem is the clock . the clock is running very fast i mean the minutes change like seconds and in a matter of 5minutes the clock moved 3 to 4 hours. i am not what happened to my system . Please advise me on how to solve this problem. is this an installation problem.

Linux Newbie
    Is your system overclocked?
    /skythra

Just Joined!
    no i check the bios it is not over clocked.... i have windows on the same system and it works fine.

Linux Newbie
    Windows uses the hardware in a far more generic way compared to linux. Are you running an AMD chip? I know they run things strangely when things think they are intel.

(i really dont know im just probing so someone else can perhaps tell you)
    /skythra

Just Joined!
    yeah i am running an AMD64 3200, it's a home made system

Linux Newbie
    You installed thr correct version of Mandrake correct? If you didnt download and install the 64bitt version this could very well be the problem. there are im sure, two different distrobutions of mandrake 10.0 one was mandrake 10.0b for 64bitt processers.

If this isnt the problem then i really have no idea *_*
    /skythra

Just Joined!
    I am using Mandrake 10.0 Beta for AMD 64

Linux Newbie
    maybe its so much machine the operating system gets hyperactive at seeing something so powerful and just becomes a horrible overexcited child and runs everything too far.

Like several friends i have. Give them something special, and they jabber on like gits for the next 20 minutes without a point.

It would be my guess, that in the stages of beta, perhaps not full support has been added and for some drivers of that keyboard may just be used incorrectly or badly inpterprated. Check in the bios and see if you can drop down the repeat rate, or increase the time interval between holding down the key and it repeating. Then try and see if you cant modify which driver mandrake uses for your keyboard, to perhaps a working one...

Im only giving advice you probably have thought over... im still waiting for someone to wake up and help me =D I have a java assignment due tomorrow morning and i cant compile under this operating system! (that i know how to do)
    /skythra