Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone, I bought a LaCie 250 GB external hard drive a while ago. I though that I would install Linux on it so I could dual boot my computer ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation Grub Error 21

Hi everyone,
    I bought a LaCie 250 GB external hard drive a while ago. I though that I would install Linux on it so I could dual boot my computer (my laptop had not much space left, an external hard drive was my only option). I installed Linspire on it but when I tried to boot, Grub gave me an Error 21. Re-installation gives the same results.
    I asked a friend and he told me to partition it into smaller fragments. I decided to install Debian while doing so (I chose the Desktop machine partitioning scheme, which seemed to partition my hard drive for me).
    Grub still shows error 21.
    Iīm pretty sure that it is not because it cannot access my hard drives. Through Linspire Live CD (the only way I can boot right now) I can access both my external hard drive and my laptopīs hard drive.
    Please help ASAP, any will be appreciated.
    P.S. Go easy on me. Iīm a Linux newbie.

re-installing Grub in the MBR of External Disk will solve the problem.
    connect external disk and boot up through LiveCD. post the output of 'fdisk -l' command.

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First