Find the answer to your Linux question:
Have tried three times to install Ubantu (it takes hours!) and then Kbantu but always with the same problem. After install and reboot, the info screen comes up and shows ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Angry Ubantu/Kbontu boot problem

Have tried three times to install Ubantu (it takes hours!) and then Kbantu but always with the same problem.

After install and reboot, the info screen comes up and shows boot process but when the boot kicks in the screen shows a cursor in the upper left corner and then horizontal flashes across a black screen. Moments later the process is dead.

I've got the program installed to a single 10gb HD and the BIOS knows to boot that drive. The computer is several years old, but was still able to run XP with Photoshop (no, there's no disk partition used to run XP; I let Ubantu do a Linux format).

Ideas?

Can you tell us more about your hardware? I'm surprised that it take so long to install Ubuntu -- might be some incompatibility problem.
    Registered Linux user #388328 || Registered LFS user #15880
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII
    Need instant help? Try us on IRC -- #linuxforums on freenode

The computer is several years old
    i think Ubuntu is not supporting your machine's hardware. you should try another distro. check this Link.

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First