Find the answer to your Linux question:
i need some help setting up a dual boot with XP on my laptop. I already have XP installed and have a second partition set up and unformatted for Liux. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux on laptop without a floppy

i need some help setting up a dual boot with XP on my laptop. I already have XP installed and have a second partition set up and unformatted for Liux. Now I do not have a floppy, what should I do about the boot disk and also how do I set up the boot loader without the boot disk
    Thanks for the help

flw
    Linux Engineer
    If you have a curent copy of most linux distro's you use the first installation CD as the bootloader.

There were some older distributions that required the floppy but none today that are popular with newer users.

Note: You may have to change the options in your bios on boot device order so your laptop looks to the CD first, then your hard drive or floppy.

The during the install you'll be guided on the bootloader location and type. i.e. floppy vs mbr and lilo vs grub
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Just Joined!
    Thankyou I will give it a shot