Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
If you running windows, It will die......I have 4 sun Blade servers running at least 3 Os,s on each and have never had a prob with installing it in /boot........Windows ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

If you running windows, It will die......I have 4 sun Blade servers running at least 3 Os,s on each and have never had a prob with installing it in /boot........Windows is very greedy with MBR! well I guess its a personal preference

Quote Originally Posted by Juliusn
    If you running windows, It will die......I have 4 sun Blade servers running at least 3 Os,s on each and have never had a prob with installing it in /boot........Windows is very greedy with MBR!
    i have two Windows OS ( Windows XP, Windows NT ) and three Linux Distros ( Kubuntu, SuSe 10.1 and FC5 ) in a single machine. i am using GRUB as boot loader and its installed in MBR.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliusn
    well I guess its a personal preference
    i agree ! i feel comfortable with GRUB in MBR only.

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    FC5..........I really wanna know, is it really buggy....would you reccomend FC5?????I want to give it a try...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    how does it compare to suse 10.1??

well ! FC5 and now FC6... both are good, supported by Red Hat. there are a few bugs. a few default settings are not correct. doesn't support FAT32 out of box. you have to mount FAT32 yourself. GRUB doesn't recognize other installed distros by default.
    its worth to try though.

SuSe...... its great. support and configure most of hardware parts out of box.
    i am using Kubuntu these days. its light weight distro ( only one installation CD ) and didn't give a single problem till now.

casper

Quote Originally Posted by devils_casper
    well ! FC5 and now FC6... GRUB doesn't recognize other installed distros by default.
    Really? I had my FC5 machine dual-booted with Windows and when I went to install FC6 on another partition (instead of just upgrading my FC5), GRUB successfully recognized my FC5 partition and added it to the boot menu along with "Other" (which I thought was funny).

FC6 recognizes FC5 and Windows. it does not recognize other installed Linux Distros.

casper

Just Joined!
    hmmmm. Thanks will start playing with it and see what its like...........Going to do a Vmware job on suse to get FC6 running.......

Good Luck !

casper

Quote Originally Posted by devils_casper
    FC6 recognizes FC5 and Windows. it does not recognize other installed Linux Distros.
    That's interesting. I'm gonna try that out on my Ubuntu test machine and see what happens.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast