Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi i have 32 ram i need 64 ram for some linuc and also for windows xp ive heard of a swap partition for linux so linux can use that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question 64 ram??

hi i have 32 ram i need 64 ram for some linuc and also for windows xp ive heard of a swap partition for linux so linux can use that for more mb ram but is there also something like that for windows to incrase my ram to 64 mb???????

doesn´t anybody know????

and how do you use that swap???

is there also something like that for windows to incrase my ram to 64 mb???????
    like 'SWAP' partition of Linux, Windows uses 'Virtual Memory'. you can increase the size of Virtual Memory.
    and how do you use that swap???
    Linux take care of SWAP usage. whenever it needs, it access SWAP space. i have 512 MB RAM and created 650 MB SWAP space. Linux never used more that 30% of SWAP space till now.

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

how do i create that virtual memory before windows is installed????

you can't create it before installation. even Windows does not create separate partition. Windows uses random free space of Hard Disk and use it as swap. you can increase the size of Virtual Space quota after windows installation.

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

If the system is telling you that you need at least 64MB of RAM, then you should probably try to get extra RAM. It's not something you can work around with software - that's the minimum stated requirement. However if you are using only 32MB of RAM you are probably using PC66,PC100 or PC133 SDRAM. This is quite plentiful and cheap. If you can find out what you use you could pick some up on eBay for aonly a few quid.