Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm have a 2.8ghz P4, 1G RAM, 200gb IDE HD. I'm having problems booting ANY Suse 10.1 windows manager. For some reason, Suse will install fine, and as soon as ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Problems Booting Suse 10.1

I'm have a 2.8ghz P4, 1G RAM, 200gb IDE HD. I'm having problems booting ANY Suse 10.1 windows manager. For some reason, Suse will install fine, and as soon as it's booting its desktop environment, it just shuts down. Does anybody havea any suggestions or advice?

For some reason, Suse will install fine, and as soon as it's booting its desktop environment, it just shuts down.
    is system Shutdown or Monitor goes Blank?.. black screen.

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

system shutdown.

select SuSe title in GRUB screen, press '3' and press 'Enter' key. this will drop you on command line login prompt. log in as root and type 'startx'.
    is it shutting down again?

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Hey guys! I'm helping him with the install. I was able to get suse up and into blackbox for about 30-40 seconds, and then it starts the shutdown process. Any heavy gui (gnome or kde) wont even show a desktop, just reboots. I was wodering if it had something to do with pci-e, so i got him a pci card, and same thing. I tried installing suse 9.1 and ubuntu, neither work. I'm kind of at a loss for what to try next, or what info to get you guys so you might be able to diagnose the issue. Any help would be great, thanks.