Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone i am new to linux. I have 2 disks of 80G each. I have installed windows on one and i would like to install: fedora 6, suse 10.1, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Proper installation steps for windows and multiple distros on 2 disks?

Hi everyone i am new to linux.
    I have 2 disks of 80G each.
    I have installed windows on one and i would like to install: fedora 6, suse 10.1, freebsd and solaris 10 on the other (equal size for each)
    I ve tried to start installation with fedora but i ve run into some troubles with the boot loaders (and probably i ll have to reinstall the windows boot loader)...

Can someone give instractions on the steps i should follow for a good installation?

I would like to have a windows boot loader on disk one (on wich windows are only installed). I would also like to have a boot loader on disk 2 and choose among fedora, suse, solaris and freebsd. I would change the bios sequence if want to boot from deferent disks.

Should there be a sequence of installation? like solaris first bsd second e.t.c.?
    Should i make a partion on /boot and reinstall the boot loader that each os provides there?

Thanx in advance guys!

use Linux Boot Loader ( GRUB ). its very easy to handle and you wont have to change boot sequence in BIOS.
    first of all, unplug windows disk and plug-in second disk ( for Linux ) as primay master. install Fedora and leave Boot Loader section as it is. you are planning for multiple distros in second disk, create cutstom partitions during installation.
    after installation, check this link to add an entry for Windows disk in GRUB.

Good Luck !
    casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First