Find the answer to your Linux question:
my redhat installation cd will not recognize my hard drive. I have partitioned it several different ways. ext2 and swap partitions before and after the windows partition, with just one ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

winxp(home)/redhat 9.0

my redhat installation cd will not recognize my hard drive. I have partitioned it several different ways. ext2 and swap partitions before and after the windows partition, with just one big widows partition, and with just a 10gig windows partions (tried both fat and ntfs)..what should i do?? the installation cd will run and the prompt indicates that "no drives are found and that i need to install a driver for this device would you like to choose one now?"

plz help

what sort of hard drive have you (is it IDE or SCSI)?

have fun

Nerderello

Use Suse 10.1 and occasionally play with Kubuntu
    Also have Windows 98SE and BeOS

don
    Linux Newbie
    i dont recollect facing this problem since trying to install redhat 6 on a 40 gb drive. one of the few options i tired was ( Assuming ur hard disk has no important data) clear out all the partitions, then under dos prompt run 'fdisk /MBR'. This should give u a fresh hard disk to start with.

then use the linux CD to boot and start installation. if the install partition program(disk druid) recognises the blank hard disk, use it to create your partitions.

if u still have access to your windows.. u could try out the demos of various partitioning tools (especially Powerquest Partition Magic) the better ones can detect partition and FAT table errors, drive geometry and cylinder alignment errors and can correct them most of the time non destructively

hop this helps
    I\'m just a simple fisherman blessed with a lot of friends

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close