Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm a newbie to Linux in need of some help! I have Win XP installed on one partition, and I have created a 2nd partition with partitionmagic for installing ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Newbie here - linux not a bootable cd?

Hi, I'm a newbie to Linux in need of some help! I have Win XP installed on one partition, and I have created a 2nd partition with partitionmagic for installing Linux (I think perhaps there's a third partition as a linux swap?) Anyway my problem is that when i set my linux partition to active and boot up with my linux installation cd in the drive, the cd won't boot. The error message on my screen says that there was a problem loading the operating system (well of course!) So is there any way I can make the cd bootable so it can go straight into the install? I have already changed the boot order in the BIOS to load the cd rom first, but this doesn't seem to help. Do i need something to make it boot up and install? Thanks for any help you may be able to give me

-bingaling

Linux User
    seems to me like you burned a corrupt iso file? do a md5sum of the iso file and compare it to the "official" md5sum. if it differs, download and burn the iso again.

Just Joined!

thanks

thankyou for your help, i will look into that!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close