Find the answer to your Linux question:
There is a new live partitioning tool and it's called Parted Magic. www.partedmagic.com It's like GParted LiveCD, but smaller and it has even more partitioning tools. I used it to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Thumbs up Parted Magic LiveCD

There is a new live partitioning tool and it's called Parted Magic.

www.partedmagic.com

It's like GParted LiveCD, but smaller and it has even more partitioning tools. I used it to free up some space on my server today that gparted failed to work on.

I hope somebody finds this useful.

oz
    forum.guy
    Have any of you tried this new live-cd partitioner yet?

I'm just wondering how it compares to the already fantastic Gparted LiveCD?
    oz

Just Joined!
    On the Gparted contacts page it states "Patrick Verner, who created the livecd and maintained it for almost 1 year." and on the partedmagik site it says "Patrick Verner - creator and maintainer" so I thinks it's the same guy. It seems like it's the same thing with some newer stuff.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    Patrick Verner has left Gparted.

That is why he offers Parted Magic separately. He said he would be quicker in implementing future new changes.

His first release 1.0 is nearly identical to Gparted 3.3 but with more goodies inside. He has just rolled out the second release and is working on the third, according to the inofrmation he put on other forums.

The current Gparted and Parted Magic are good for resizing XP and Win2k too in addition to the normal Linux partitions. The only problem I have is they can't alter the partition for Vista but that could be due to the newly introduced Vista scheme backing up a copy of the partition table.

oz
    forum.guy
    Hey, guys, this latest version of the Parted Magic LiveCD is really nice:

Parted Magic

When Parted Magic first came out, I really still preferred the Gparted LiveCD over it, but now I'm leaning toward Parted Magic.

Just my opinion, though. They are both small downloads and burns, so please try both and decide for yourself...
    oz